Trailer of the Week

Avatar
Release Date: 12/18

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Doors of Life: Production Day 1

So, pre-production is over. I went around to more places today than I did for Weightless. However, I did have 2 people with me this time so it was a little funner. I went to 2 costume shops, Telecom building, Target, 4 Jewelery stores, Good Will, Hardware store, MAC, Psych Building, etc. I probably went to some other places too, but can't remember. But again, pre-production is a bitch and I hate it so much. Also, I sat down and wrote down every location, prop, character, and costume that I needed. Very annoying. But whatever, procution started around 8 and ended at 11. The production went pretty smoothly. We filmed in a hallway in the psych building that ended up being PERFECT. However, there was only one end of the hallway with a door, so we had to pretend that there were 2 sides by shooting from different angles and stuff. It was more complicated than it should have been and very taxing on the brain. But, I'm pretty sure all the stuff worked out and the continuity should be fine. Also, a janitor came by and almost kicked us out, but let us stay for another 30 min. We were extremely rushed, but hopefully everything came out well. Also, there was only one unlocked door so, we used that for every door that he went in. Again, very annoying and more complex than it should have been. But, we made it work. I'm attempting to capture all the footage now, but I keep getting error messages, so its extremely frustrating. Day 2 tomorrow, and A LOT more filming tomorrow. Tune in later for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment