Trailer of the Week

Avatar
Release Date: 12/18

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Movie Review: Bubba Ho-Tep




Where do I start with this movie? Here's the IMDb page for all of you that haven't heard of this movie, which is probably most of you... Bubba Ho-Tep

Ok, to start off the premise of this movie is ridiculous and awesome. On the back of the cover it states:

Mud Creek, Texas, is about to get all shook up. When mysterious deaths plage the Shady Rest retirement home, its up to an again, cantankerous "Elvis" (Bruce Cambell) and a decrepit - and black - "JFK" (Ossie Davis) to defeat a 3,000-year-old Egyptian mummy with a penchant for sucking human sould! Can the King show the world that he can still take care of business?


Elvis? Black JFK? Egyptian mummies? I'm in. My friend Max Ellis was the one that borrowed the movie from the DePaul library and told me about it and that I HAVE to see it. After talking to him, I was weary of whether this movie was just a joke or actually a legit movie. However, after seeing the movie, I can definitely say that this movie is LEGIT! Although the story line is completely ridiculous, it makes sense when you watch it. They tell the story in a way that makes it comedic but dramatic at the same time. Furthermore, the production quality of this movie is phenomenal. I was expecting for some low-budget production that looked faulty and non-professional, but to my surprise it was the complete opposite. Also, the movie was made in a span of 5 week, which makes the film that much more amazing. For the production team to put together this film just blows my mind. Overall, I would suggest this movie to anyone that wants to have a good laugh and good movie when they have time. I would give this movie 4/5 Wu-Hawks

2 comments:

  1. Good write up about a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're damn right. thanks for showing me this film. it is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete